Short Tutorial/FAQ - How do I change or reset my Facebook password?
Question: I need to set up a new Facebook password. How do I do this?
Answer: Facebook makes it simple to take care of this issue. Simply follow the applicable steps below.
Change Your Password
To change your password on Facebook if you're already logged in:
1. Click the downward arrow in the top right corner of any Facebook page and select Settings.
2. Click Security and Login.
3. Click Edit next to Change Password.
4. Click Save Changes.
If you're logged in but have forgotten your password, follow the steps under Change Your Password, then click Forgot your password? and follow the steps to reset it. Keep in mind that you'll need access to the email associated with your account.
Reset Your Password
To reset your password if you're not logged in to Facebook:
1. Go to the Find Your Account Page.
2. Type the email, mobile phone number, full name or username associated with your account, then click Search.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.